There is nothing as wonderful as walking into a home literally smelling of Christmas! These can even be used as a gift-in-a-jar present and are cheaper then buying Christmas oils for burners.
If you can’t spare a burner on your hob to keep these going, then why not make them in a fondue pot. Just remember to keep it out of reach of children!
This part your little one can help with…
Christmas Scent Recipes
- 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of anise seed
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 quart of water
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add water.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, then simmer on low with the lid off so that the scent permeates throughout your home.
- The dry mix can be used as gift, with instructions for use.
- Peels of 2 oranges
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- Combine in a pot.
- Simmer, adding water as needed. Leave the lid off the pot.
- 30g of pickling spice
- 30g of whole cloves
- 30g of stick cinnamon
- 1 jar of apple juice
- Put in pot.
- Fill to top with water.
- Bring to boil, put on simmer.