When you have small children, it can be difficult to create a fun and child appropriate Christmas eve celebration. Make Christmas eve a special and entertaining one for the whole family by trying out some of these simple Christmas Eve party ideas.
From gingerbread houses, to story time and movies, there is something on this list for everyone. Why not pick a few for your Christmas eve party this year? We like to start our Christmas Eve celebrations at lunchtime and do something new every 30 -50 minutes until bedtime. If that’s too much for you, just try a handful of ideas and see how you get on!
Here are some Christmas Eve party ideas to try this Christmas
- Have a sing-a-long of favorite Christmas carols around the tree
- Eat finger food, anything that does not require too much clean up afterwards!
- Listen to Christmas music on the telly or compile your own Christmas play list.
- Do a craft or bake up a fresh batch of cookies
- Play a Christmas version of charades. Brainstorm Christmas themed book, plays, movies etc and add them to the hat.
- Read “The Night Before Christmas” before bedtime
- Spend time with loved ones
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Open 1 gift
- Prepare a plate of goodies and a drink for Santa
- Put out reindeer food
- Invite guests and have them bring a potluck dish to share.
- Dim the lights and dine by candlelight
- Gather around the tree for after-dinner cocktails, hot cocoa or eggnog
- Celebrate the spirit of the season and take your guests Christmas caroling through the neighborhood.